Friday, April 2, 2010

despedida


Earlier this spring I asked God to send me help. I imagined having a sidekick who could help me with the load of responsabilities that I was carrying in running the women's center. Even as I prayed, I imagined there would be no way God could line someone up until summer, but I was wishing she could come immediately.
I didn't know that God had already heard my prayer and my spring intern had already bought her ticket. Stephanie came at the beginning of February with a team of women from California. Her team came for just one week, but I didn't know Stephanie had come to stay for two months!

Stephanie immediately connected with the young women (and two boys) at my site. Her visible love for them ministered to them.
It has been a blessing to have a companion, an ear, another mind to remember, an organizer, a cleaning lady, and encourager, and a friend with me each day at the site. We said good-bye to Stephanie at the site a few days ago and she will fly out in less than 24 hours. I know that she needs to return to her family back home so she may love and encourage them in her ministry there, just as she has us. I thank her family for lending her to us for this time.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh Arlene! I'm so happy you had Stephenie for a companion these two months! It's wonderful for all the reasons you mentioned - and it's just good to have a friend, a peer. That's not easy to find in any ministry, especially yours. Thanks for sharing how God worked to answer your prayer before you even prayed.

arleneiowa said...

Yes, He is so good! Even as I prayed, I didn't imagine He'd be able to answer very quickly. I was thinking of all the logistics that He would have to work out. silly me.