Saturday, June 27, 2009

Reciclando papel

As a part of encouraging creativity and friendship in knitting, yesterday we recycled paper together (rather than knitting). For about two years I've been saving every piece of paper that could be recycled for such a time as this. (I don't know if this is extreme pack-rat'ism or frugalitiy or environmental responsability).

Here, a student from California pulls a piece of paper up out of the batch of liquified paper.
Marta has just formed a round piece of paper here.



And Raquel shows a round piece of paper (sitting on a piece of felt) that is ready to be put out to dry.

2 comments:

Darin said...

Whoa, two years worth? Where did you keep all of it? Did you make it into a mattress?

I haven't shared this with many ppl, but now I'll type it for many ppl to read- in the last six months of my first year at Missouri, I stored every plastic grocery bag I could find, with the intention of making a mattress for myself out of those and a large refrigerator box that I planned to hunt down at the appliance store or somebody's curb.

I eventually recycled them, though, bc I bought a mattress from Salvation Army and carried it on top of my car to the new apt. The bags would have worked, though- I'm sure of it.

arleneiowa said...

That's another great way to recycle, I guess.
For me, two years worth of paper was only two plastic shopping bags of paper.