Saturday, March 28, 2009

letrero


A few weeks ago the art site created a sign to put on my site. Nate hung it about a week ago. It really is a piece of art and totally encompasses what the site is about. Note that the cross is actually a tree trunk, and the arms of the cross form a hill, like we see in the green mountains all around Los Higos. The ball of yarn has plants growing out of it.
The Bible on the sign quotes Deuteronomy 30:19, "This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..." I truly desire that this verse would become true at our site- that women would be presented with choices and that they would choose life.

3 comments:

CompuMech said...

"Centro de Mujeres" == center of... ?

Abbie said...

It's beautiful! I LOVE the ball of yarn. And how much it makes me think of you, Arlene. I'm praising God for the heart he's given you for these women.

arleneiowa said...

Center of Women