Monday, February 2, 2009

update

Sorry I haven't written for a while. I feel like I haven't had much to say, because I don't know much about what is going on in Los Higos. I was told that the Students International preschool (to be taught by Yohana, Andre's new wife) was supposed to open today! I'll update you all on that as soon as I receive news.

I am still in Iowa, finishing up fundraising. I hope to be back in the DR within a few weeks. That is not to say, however, that I'm not enjoying my time at home. It has been a blessing to have an extended time at home to be with family and friends. Iowa joys include:
*learning to make cheese (actually done in Minnesota)
*visiting my FFA advisor from high school
*using yak-trax
*cross country skiiing
*having time to read books!
*baby lambs!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

You've done lots of fun stuff! I bet my girls would love to see lambs! So would I. Still praying for you.