Tuesday, February 24, 2009

sitio nuevo

I have rented a little house with a small yard to use as my new ministry site (shown in the photo above)! I am very excited to have found this location. It is in Los Higos, just up the road from the Casabera, on the same side of the road (for those who have visited us in Los Higos). The house has a living room (shown in the picture below) and two smaller bedrooms, an outdoor kitchen, and a roofed breezeway (?) between the house and the kitchen.

I'm excited to have yard big enough to have a small garden and a rabbit hutch.

The last few days, people have shown up to help me clean the house and fill in a large hole that had been dug in the front yard. The hole as meant to be used for an outhouse, but I didn't like the location (in the front yard, near the front gate). I'm considering building a dry composting toilet (a modified outhouse that produces compost, never has to be moved, and uses no water).
Thanks to everyone who has been praying that I would find a new location!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

That's great! I love the bright colors. If I have a house someday I hope to paint it some fun colors, too. However, I hope to NOT have to build any kind of toilet/outhouse! Lots of love and prayers coming from Kansas to you!

ks said...

Arlo, you're like a real missionary now living in a jungle hut. Except for the jungle. And your hut has more than one room. :o)

Tamara said...

It's so great that you have a place now! That must be so nice. It's exciting to see how God's been providing for you lately. Thank you Arlene for taking time to update and share with those of us who aren't there.

Sandra said...

is that really close to guelo's older sister's house? or the one chelo was building? i'm trying to place it in my mental map.. haha

gosh i did it again, where i saved a static link and i thought you hadn't updated since december!