Saturday, July 26, 2008

party


I had an agreement with the club that if they picked up and put away all their tools for six consecutive weeks they'd win a party at my house (Nate and Maggie's house, really) in town. it took about four months, but they eventually did pick up their tools for six week straight.

They came over on Thursday. We had games planned, which most of the kids thought were dumb and refused to play. But they did go nuts when I brought out my huge blue exercise ball and when I let Cloe (the dog) out. And we had lots of good food- hot water cake, grilled hotdogs, potato salad, yellow rice, popcorn.
And at the end we had a door prize, a fig tree, which Elvis won.
It turns out that I only got pictures of food related things- the top picture is Daury eating a whole potato that accidently didn't get cut up in the potato salad (and which we decorated like a pig using toothpicks and sprinkles). The bottom picture is Cristian grilling the hotdogs. He eagerly wore that apron.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Fun! It's funny how kids do or don't like games sometimes! I've been thinking of making that kind of agreement with Kate, but involving staying dry at night and a bicycle. :)

Sandra said...

ah crispy! hahaha

i think often people don't like big organized games

at retreats, people hated the organized competitive games and always wanted to skip those :P and they were big college kids!

Ashley said...

arlene-
this makes my heart so happy!!! i miss these kids so much... praying daily for you and for them! hope to see you in the near future! :)
ashley gross