Friday, November 16, 2007

chicken coop church


The church in Los Higos is growing and just doesn't fit in the pink house anymore. It is also beginning to reach out to the community in new ways, which requires space. So, we recently moved an old chicken coop, left from a former project in the community, down to the garden.


The coop is actually bigger than the pink house, and I think will be left somewhat open on a side or two to allow overflow (I think). We're hoping that this will work well to hold church services and can also be used by the club and the new literacy classes that the church is beginning to offer.
I especially like the idea of having church services outside. I really like the idea of worshipping the Lord in an area where we can see His creation.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Arlene!! A church with no walls! (If you dont remember our conversation with Jessi about this, I can remind you of it :)