Wednesday, July 11, 2007

knitting


A few more ladies have taken interest in knitting lately. I think it helps that we've been more consistent in having the class. Last spring I had to cancel it a few times, which made it hard for people to remember to come. In this photo, I am with Mary, who really wants to make a hat, and Maruca, who has caught on really quickly to knitting.

In the photo below, Drew, a student who is with us on an outreach right now, is showing Rafa how to knit. It's fun to see how a lot of the boys in the community have wanted to learn to knit, too. A couple boys have even made me knitting needles whittled out of sticks.



2 comments:

Cammy said...

wow, this is awesome!

I will keep praying for you Arlene!

let me know if you need any yarn sent down there...

love ya.

Sandra said...

hee hee - that's the shirt i gave you :)