Tuesday, December 30, 2008

carrera de burro y otras cosas

I am in Iowa right now for Christmas and am planning to stay until the end of January. So, I don't have a lot of updates on what is going on in Los Higos, but will share some old news.

We had three students from Bethel College living up in Los Higos for seven weeks as a part of our semester program. On their last day in the community, the thing they most wanted to do was have a donkey race. We held it right after the kids came to garden, so we had an audience. It seemed that the donkeys were going to fight with one another, so we couldn't have a side-by-side race, so we decided to have each participant run individually and we would time them to determine the winner. The picture below shows the second-place winner on his donkey, 'Fuego'.

On a more serious note, the church began adding on to the church building before I left and were hoping to have the addition done for Christmas. From what I understand they were not going to enclose the new addition, but rather just have a roof and partial walls (or no walls?). I'm sorry I didn't have my camera on me to get a picture before I left.

No comments: