Friday, April 11, 2008

chicken coop church looks more churchy



The chicken coop church is now being used. I haven't gotten a picture of an actual service being held, but I do have a few pictures of what the interior looks like, now that it has been painted and moved in to. Note that the church recently bought a drumset, which they are very excited to use!

Also check out the curtains-- Maribel sewed them using the sewing machines that we use for our class. Finding that frilly tassely stuff to sew on the bottom was a long process, because no store in Jarabacoa even had twenty yards of any color, but it was worth it to make the church look Dominican.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

wow.
maribel and the stuff she can make! i'm still amazed by that bag she made after seeing me with your tampon bag, hahaha

Abbie said...

So fun to see the progress! And to see projects like the stove finished and working! Looks hard to cook on, though. ;)

Ashley said...

Arlene! I have chills looking at your pics and reading about what's going on in Los Higos! I've continued to pray for that sweet town since we've left... and will continue to until I can come back!!! Which I don't know when that will be... hopefully soon! Anyways, glad to see every one is doing well... miss y'all and prayin for you continually!!!
-Ashley Gross (Taylor University)