Saturday, August 18, 2007

general update

So, I'm realizing that I need to give a general update about our work in Los Higos:
This summer Andre and I were technically split into two different 'sites'- Andre working in 'social work' and I working in 'agriculture'. Our daily work basically looks the same as before- Andre works with the kids club and I garden with kids and continue to hope to work more with adults. The only difference now is that when students come to work with us they work in either one or the other, whereas before students would split their day between the two of us.

I am actually in the states until September 21. I'll be in Iowa until Sept.3 and will be at ECHO in Ft. Meyers, FL from Sept. 4-21. ECHO is an organization that gives technical support to agricultural missionaries. (They're pretty cool folks and you can check them out at www.echotech.org). I'll fly back to the DR on the 21st.

Also, be praying for Andre. He had a family emergency last week. I haven't been able to communicate with him since he left to be with them on the 10th of August, so I don't know details. It appears that one of his brothers was killed under suspicious circumstances.

No comments: